Thursday, July 26, 2007

the no dairy sleep solution

For several weeks, my sleep went down the crapper. Not just nighttime, either--but naps. For some reason I wasn't getting any. She would thrash, and then not sleep long enough for me to fall asleep anyway.
This was disheartening since I gave up wheat (again) to try to remedy bad sleep. And it seemed to be working...for about three days. Then we had several more weeks of crappy sleep.
Then I did a little a little thinking/triangulation and realized this particular bout of sleep deprivation and realized that it started round about when I decided to sample a pint of goats' milk vanilla yogurt.
MMMMMmmmmm. Creamy vanilla goodness (for those of you who are thinking, Goat milk yogurt? Ugh, may I remind you that I haven't had any dairy for eleven months?). I bought another pint. And another. I was on my fourth in about three weeks.
Anything that tasted that good just had to be giving Lucy problems, right?
Two days of no yogurt, and she's been sleeping much much much better. And taking actual naps!
Much as I love creamy vanilla goodness, I love sleep more.
I wonder: you can make ice cream from breastmilk? Perhaps I should try pumping again.

No comments: