Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mama: love her or hate her

Driving home, Lucy was a bit worried about me.
"Mama? Sad?"
Since I was fine, I told Lucy no.
"Mama. Boo-boo. Head. Sleeping."
"You think I have a boo-boo on my head?" I was wondering where this was coming from, when Dyami reminded me that Lucy took care of me the other night. So I went with it. "Are you going to take Mama to nap, Lucy?
"Uh-huh. Mama. Nap. Lucy carry you me. Feel better."
"You're going to carry Mama to bed. And then I'll feel better?"
"Uh-huh."
Here Dyami chimed in. "Do you love your mama, Lucy?"
The answer was quick and decisive. "No."
I probed a bit more: Did she like cuddling/snuggling/kissing Mama? Resounding no's. Did she love Dada? Yes, definitely. Really? She didn't love Mama? No, thank you very much.

Ah, well. At least she's willing to work for me, even if I don't get verbal props.

No comments: