Tuesday, January 12, 2010

exciting news about Julia!

Okay, I lied. I do not have any exciting news.
Here's news: she's three months old tomorrow! She has a strong neck! She smiles and (almost laughs). She's slightly ticklish! She loves her big sister! She likes riding around facing out in the sling!
Babies are not exciting.
And yet, really, they're absolutely enthralling.
First, there's the fuzzy head. I mean, MY GOD!
And then all the little mini body parts, the indescribable joy of the cooing and clucking and happy shrieking. How she smiles at us as soon as she catches sight of us.
And my personal favorite: the look of absolute giddy joy that washes over her face in the morning when she wakes up and sees me for the first time. As if she hadn't been tucked right next to me for 3/4 of the night. It's as if she's saying, "My GOD! I thought you'd never come BACK! Where have you BEEN? I LOVE seeing you! Can we NURSE again? CAN we? Oh, BOY!

So, yeah, no real NEWS around here. Just the normal, humdrum baby magic.

No comments: