Wednesday, January 12, 2011

change? You're not supposed to change!

Julia is social! She likes people! She wants to be held by everyone! Including random people we meet on the street!
This is what I've been telling everyone.
Except today, I realized it isn't exactly true anymore.
Still social, this girl, but stranger danger seems to have bit her. And today, I realized that she doesn't reach out to strangers anymore, will veer away from people when they smile at her, and she'll shake her head no if they reach out their hands.
It also occurred to me that she's been this way for at least a week or two, and I kept thinking it was just for today, that she hadn't really changed, that it was just this time.
It makes me wonder: what else do I know about my children that just isn't true anymore?

No comments: