Tuesday, February 22, 2011

cozy

Lucy has very warm blood. Today we were outside at dusk. I had on jeans and a long-sleeve t-shirt, and was shivering. She had on a spring dress and (decoratively warm) boots, and was happy as a clam.

Julia, on the other hand, is constantly asking to put on jackets. She points up to the closet and demands a sweater, no, a coat, no, a sweatshirt, no, her jean jacket, yes! she will wear that all day! There is a blanket knitted by my aunt near our night-night chair, and as we cuddle before bedtime, she wants it draped over her legs.

Hmmm. Dyami loves winter, because he likes his clothes to be cozy.
Whereas I hate having to think about layers, and am generally warm. Once (before we were dating), I told Dyami I liked summer because I liked "wearing as few clothes as possible." No, I did not think about how that sounded.

These children, where do they get this preferences, hmmmm?

No comments: