Melissa posted a meme and did her usual mass tag. (I act as though I'm a veteran blogger. Hah!) I consider myself tagged (really, I just like talking about myself) so here goes.
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. (Sorry, can't do this. I read a total of four blogs, two of which have already done this meme).
4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.
1) I was on the Freshman Academic Team (think Jeopardy while wearing vests in school colors (brick/gold). Did not make the Jr. Varsity team my sophomore year. Sigh.
2) I insisted on wearing sandals/open toed shoes in college for my first two years. In Houston. Where it rains all the time. Then I got some close-toed shoes and realized how asinine I was.
3) I was in a Kenny Rogers music video called "Planet Texas" when I was in sixth grade. (I had a child-actor phase from age four to fourteen). In the video, Kenny gets kidnapped by cowboys from outerspace. My big line: "I know where there's a dead armadillo! Wanna see?"
4)I haven't washed my car since...hmmm. Since before Lucy was born.
5) I did, however, manage to vacuum last night. (Were these supposed to be interesting facts? Too bad.)
6) We almost named Lucy "Mia" or "Zia". And there was a brief mix-up where I thought Dyami wanted to name her either "Tomorrow" or "Zizo". See, there was this post-it with a list of potential names. And then one morning, I noticed the two additions mentioned above while D was at work. Here was the subsequent email:
Me: "So Tomorrow and Zizo, huh? I don't think I can do "Tomorrow" because I was in Annie too many times. And Zizo is a little, um, off the beaten path."
Me: The names, you know, that you wrote on the post-it.
Me: Oh, wait. Is that just a note reminding me that my midwife appointment tomorrow is now at 2:30 instead of 1:30? (Write 2:30 kind of sloppy. You'll see).
Now we call the orange stray cat that frequents our cat's food bowl Zizo.
7) I taught myself to read when I was four. And my parents read out loud to my brother a lot and to my sister some, and to me hardly at all. So much for parental influence. (I think the fact that my father's family are all crazy readers probably helped the most).
8) My husband's middle name is Zed. Doesn't that kick ass? (Especially when your first name is Dyami) My middle name is Lynn. I like it, but it's not quite as cool. Maybe our next child could have Zizo as their middle name.
Okay, meme away, world! and let us know with a comment below where to read your eights!