Wednesday, June 2, 2010

alone time

Just days ago, I was complaining to Dyami that I wanted some alone time. Because, sometimes, I just want to sit on the couch and read, or watch TV, with no family members asking me "questions", or wanting to "talk" or "play" or express "affection".

Okay, so the misanthropy was after a really long day, okay? And a very early morning. Usually I'm really a people person!
Ha ha hahahaha. I crack myself up.

Anyhow, last night I got my wish. Both girls were asleep in bed, and Dyami, feeling sick, fell asleep with one of them. I proceeded to sit and finish a novel in delicious silence. It was such silent silence. So silent. Except, it was a little too silent. A kind of creepy, empty silence. A very alone silence.

[Cue screechy violins]

I finished my book, set it down, looked around. I needed a few warm bodies to take the chill out of the summertime room. Went upstairs to go to bed early.

Because really, when it comes down to it, I like my alone time to be spent with my family.

No comments: