We went to a nearby camp for a church retreat this weekend. Checked the weather before we headed out because there have been years with rain/snow on the ground. Forecast: All clear this year.
So tell me, why did it hail the last day? And pour rain? When we had brought no umbrellas or other rain-type gear?
Actually, I didn't mind too much except for the frozen toes and wet jeans. Here are the reasons:
1. Hail gets you less wet than rain!
2. Any weather is kind of a nice change of pace here in So Cal.
3. At least it was only the last morning.
4. Waking up to the sound of rain is very cozy.
5. The frickin' drought. When we're still watering our lawns with drinking water.
So, rain, rain, please stay. Just warn us next time so we bring our galoshes.