Tuesday, December 12, 2006

day six

Things are better. But I want them to be even more better than they are.
Yes.
Lessons learned:
  • When Lucy's tired, she acts like she has to pee. Note to self: Do not enrage tired baby by mistaking her thrashing for Full Bladder Syndrome.
  • If I arrange the pillows ahead of time, I can manage to lay her down to sleep even if I wasn't in bed to start with. This frees me from spending the whole day in the bedroom (I'm a hermit, but not that much of a hermit).
  • Being in the sling nicely substitutes for a nap while out.
And progress:
  • She at least sleeps some in the bed by herself. The theory is, once she gets used to that, she will sleep for hours (not minutes) in the bed by herself.
  • She is not as sleep deprived. Happier baby equals happier mommy.
  • Because of the above, I am once again able to eat, sleep, do a load of laundry or exercise for bits of time during the day. This is a good thing.
  • I have had a few heavenly hours to myself the last few mornings. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm always on the lookout for "more better," too.