Thursday, January 4, 2007

cooking

The whole CSA thing is also seeming sort of part and parcel of the new lifestyle change Dyami and I decided on, which is to give up wheat, soy and chocolate (along with dairy). So much processed food has little bits of everything in it (why does granola need soy lecethin and whey powder in it?) that giving up one things means you can't eat pretty much anything.
In the interest of sanity and less cooking prep time, I bought a crock pot.
We're eating a variety of healthful, whole-food soups and veggies and roasted potatoes and brown rice. I feel pretty good, considering I like bread (and beer) a lot, but still, I kind of was yearning for some good cookies today. I had apples and almond butter instead.
See why I can't give up apples?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You CAN give up apples. You're just on the wrong diet for that.