Wednesday, January 17, 2007

she takes after me!

Okay, the jury is still out, but early polls indicate that Lucy looks like me!
Well, her eyes are more like Dyamis: gorgeous, wide-spaced, and big.
But her smile is vintage Heather. And her little chin. It's a pretty cute chin.
It's hard for me to tell, really. But more and more people have been saying that, so today, when I was holding Lucy over the sink, I watched her her smile at herself in the mirror. Then I kind of practiced making the same faces in the mirror.
This was while I was counting in a funny voice. See, I count to 120 or 150 so I know how long I've been over the sink. If I don't, I start going crazy, wondering how long I've been holding a nearly 13 lb weight over a sink. If I count, see, then I know how long it's been and I have a good excuse to stop. Usually.
And I do it in a funny voice because it entertains Lucy, and sometimes she isn't so fond of being over the sink (partially because I think she's peeing al ot less these days, so I hold her a little more often than needed).
So here I am, making weird faces, and counting out loud, in a very squeaky high voice and a very boomy low voice, and Lucy is laughing, and she's pooping and peeing and farting, and I'm rocking back and forth, and--
Hmmm. Maybe I don't want her to take after me. I'm a little crazy.

No comments: