Thursday, January 4, 2007

diagnoses

So Lucy is sick.
I think.
It's not so easy to tell with a little baby. They can be fussy without being sick. Their noises change all the time, so a new screech could be a new screech or could be esophagal wasting disease.
Lucy has been subdued. Maybe. Oh, wait, she just started batting her toys wildly! and crowing. Maybe she's fine.
Now she seems upset. Sort of moaning. Oh, wait, she just needs to pee.
Maybe I could take her temperature. 95 degrees? (Taking my temperature, I'm 96 degrees. Is the thermometer wrong, or are we both suffering from hypothermia?)
Now she has pink spots. Are they spider bites from the chicken coop? or the beginning of chicken pox?
Bottom line, I think she is okay, but all these diagnoses are making me a tad bit...nervous. And frustrated.
I'm calling my nurse sister-in-law. Maybe she can help.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

It's always wasting disease, isn't it? That or ebola.

You're welcome to come on over and have us get her REALLY sick. Then you won't have to wonder any more.

Heather said...

Um, thanks? for the invite? I might wait maybe until you all are well. Then if there's any contagiousness, I'm giving it, not taking it (how's that for unselfishness!?). I'm so sick of being sick. Though I'm really missing you guys!!!