Sunday, January 28, 2007

moving

Lucy is really moving. She's practically balletic.
She wants to crawl so bad I can taste it. She's got the 'army skooch' down pretty good--sort of forearm over forearm to propel herself forward. (She's mobile enough now that we kind of have to keep an eye on her unless we want her sucking on the soles of our shoes). But today, she sort of got stuck in one place for a while because she dug her toes into the ground and tried to lift her bum off the ground.
Man, the sheer effort involved in movement is really amazing to watch.
Then she started turning around--sort of pivoting with her belly button as the fulcrum. She just turned, and turned and turned. Belly loop-de-loops.
She has been surprisingly content on the floor the past few days because (I think) now that she skooches so well, she isn't so frustrated that she can't get to stuff.
I think this phase is close to ending. She was pretty frustrated that she couldn't crawl. Then I picked her up and lay down on the floor with her on my stomach and started singing to her.
Have I mentioned how much she loves me singing? I've gotten compliments on my singing voice before, but there is nothing better than having a little baby's face light up the second you start singing a nonsense song you're making up words to.
All this was happening while I had the remains of a migrane, was tired out of my mind (despite the last few days of great sleep) an extremely sore shoulder, and was flying solo while Dyami was at church.
I was just content to be sort of out of it with my slightly fussy daughter, waiting for her bedtime so I could be alone for a while.
Thank you Lord, for contentedness striking when I expected it least.

No comments: