Tuesday, January 30, 2007

my scent

So Lucy has been sleeping fabulously the last few nights. So well, in fact, that I went out after she went to bed to get groceries, and I wasn't even too worried she'd wake up. (Incidentally, on the way over, I realized it had been a long time since I'd been out after dark. It gets dark awful early right now.)
Anyway, we decided it was high time I come back to sleep next to Dyami (I've been sleeping on the couch or in the second bedroom for about a week).
Lucy wouldn't know the difference, right?
Hah hah! I'm sooo funny!!

Last night wasn't bad at all, but she did wake up at 1:30 am (after she'd been sleeping through till almost 5). Hmmm. After I got up at about 1 am to pee.
Coincidence? I think not.

Here's the dialogue I imagine went on in her head.
Doop de doop. Sleep. Sleep. Hmmm. Wake up. Dark shapes. Shadows. Swinging in bed. Hmmm. Suck my tongue. Hmmm. Rustling. Sniff. Sniff. Milk? Milk? Oh! Milk! I remember milk. Hmmm. Milk at night. Hmmm. I remember milk at night. Ohhh. Snuggles. Mmmmilk. Warmth. Mmmmmilk. MMMMama. Milllllllk.
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmilk.

I think I need me some of that.
(Wiggle. Wiggle. Fuss. Fuss.)
So after the nursing and the settling her back to sleep, I went back to my solo bed.
Sigh.

No comments: